Suffering with heartburn or uncomfortable stomach problems? Before heading to the drugstore, try this natural home remedy from Best Health Magazine. Licorice, ginger, and chamomile are traditional, easy-to-make, and inexpensive digestive tract soothers that still work wonders for occasional flare-ups of heartburn and stomach pains.
Soothing Tea for Heartburn
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon grated licorice root
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers
1. In a small pan, bring the water to a boil. Add the licorice and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add chamomile. Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
2. Strain into a teacup and drink.