With 21.7 grams of protein per serving and 21.3 grams of fiber, this power salad is sure to fill and fuel you up with only 6.9 grams of fat!
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, parsley, onions, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and honey or brown sugar. Let the salad marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates; spoon the salad over the lettuce.