If you are not already aware, Mayo Clinic offers a site where you can browse hundreds of healthy recipes. Mayo Clinic has made browsing by category easier with quick links associated in:
1. Special diets-whether you are focusing on high fiber, heart-healthy, low sodium, low fat or diabetes conscious plans, hundreds of options are available for each special kind of diet.
2. Main ingredient- search a meal by choosing the main ingredient of the dish such as-poultry and meat, eggs, pasta, beans and legumes or rice and grains. If you’re craving a certain main dish this quick link is a great option for you.
3. Course-search by type of meal in this quick link. Courses include: appetizers, main dishes, sauces, breads, sides and healthy desserts to name a few.
4. Meals-pretty self explanatory but the meals category includes-breakfast, lunch, dinner and healthy snacks.
5. Preparation method: choose from methods like-baking, roasting, grilling or even no cooking! This makes your recipe choice easier if you are on a time limit!
6. Number of servings: the number of servings category is extremely helpful when cooking for a family, couple or even party, This option gives you proper amounts and measurements to feed all the mouths at your table.