It is not just what you eat that can make you more satisfied, but it is also how you eat as well. Try these tips from Health.com to feel fuller longer and achieve your health and wellness goals!
1. Drinking water-drink 2-8oz glasses of water before each meal. This will fill up your stomach and trim up to 60 calories per meal.
2. Use vinegar/vinaigrette and cinnamon for flavor (where possible). These two ingredients can help regulate blood sugars after meals, and help you feel full longer after eating.
3. Green and orange vegetables contain about 90% water, which fills your stomach and makes your brain register fullness.
4. Potatoes! White and sweet potatoes contain hunger-fighting resistant starch. A study in the British Journal of Nutrition found that these may boost satiety to help you stay full for up to 24 hours!
5. Fish. Fish contains omega-3 fats, which can help stomach growling for hours.Fish-eaters felt more full than beef-eaters, plus downed 75 fewer calories at the next meal, according to a study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
6. Go Nutty! The complex trio of fiber, protein and fat in nuts activates satiety so you chow on fewer calories throughout the day, while also increasing metabolism up to 11%.
7. Add some oats! Oats have a filling fiber compound called beta-glucan which helps the body release CCK, a hunger suppressing hormone.
8. Variety of beans. Beans contain a fiber-protein balance to increase fullness. Legumes may also boost your metabolism if they are rich in your diet.
9. Eggs. Eggs are full of protein and the American College of Nutrition found eating them helps control appetite for up to 36 hours.
10. Fiber. Fiber is an important part of digestion, which shouldn’t be news to you. But did you know that certain types may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and colon cancer?