Joy Bauer provides an excellent website on weight loss, healthy living, food, recipes, and overall health. Joy Bauer has made a list of “healthy” foods that could be derailing your diet without you even knowing! She also offers tips for how to replace them with lower-calorie options. See if any of these “healthy” choices are in your diet and could be packing on pounds (by accident!).
1. Trail Mix
2. Whole-Wheat Pasta
3. Olive Oil
4. Fruit Juice
5. Frozen Yogurt
8. Organic Snack Foods/Desserts
Follow the original article posting here on why Joy Bauer decided to include these specific foods and how you can substitute them with lower-calorie options and learn why they are considered to pack on the pounds.
Are you interested in knowing how many calories you need in your diet on a daily basis? Take a look at the calorie calculator provided by Mayo Clinic. The calorie calculator estimates the number of daily calories your body needs to maintain your current weight. So follow here and plug in your numbers to see how much you should be eating!
Try incorporating these 15 different foods into your diet to boost your metabolism!
Grapefruit. Green Tea. Yogurt. Almonds. Coffee. Turkey. Apples. Spinach. Beans. Jalapenos. Broccoli. Oatmeal. Soy milk. Curry. Cinnamon.
Now Eat Up!
New research shows that picking these foods may ease pain, according to an article by Prevention Magazine: Click here for the article link.
5 Ways To Control Fibromyalgia With Diet
1. Load Up On Vitamin D: Studies show that vitamin D deficiencies can cause bone and muscle pain, and upping levels of this hard-to-get vitamin may help.
2. Avoid Additives: Common food additives, like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame, can act as excitotoxin molecules, a chemical group that has the ability to activate neurons that increase sensitivity to pain.
3. Say Yes To Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish, like salmon, walnuts, and flaxseed, are known to reduce inflammation and help prevent cardiovascular diseases. However, their soreness-reducing traits may also help pain patients.
4. Nix The Caffeine: Because sleeplessness is commonly associated with fibro, it may be tempting to fuel up on coffee to get through the day. Caffeine can set you up for a crash and, if sipped later in the day, may disrupt sleep schedules.
5. Veg Out: Most fruits and veggies are packed with important antioxidants, like vitamins A, C, and E, which fight free radicals to keep your body normalized.