Can’t seem to fit those mid day cravings of chocolate, salt, and everything bad for you? Here are five ways to end those cravings and stay on track!
– Eat every three to four hours. Spreading out your calorie intake throughout the day helps to keep your blood sugar stable, allowing you to make better, healthier food choices.
– Don’t ban treats. It’s ok to indulge, but don’t over do it. According to Leck Merner, “By incorporating a 100-calorie treat on a daily basis, we are less likely to over eat.”
– Wait it out. When you find yourself craving something when you are not hungry, wait 20 minutes and distract your mind in other ways so it forgets about your craving.
– Eat natural foods. Limit the amount of artificial sweetened foods your intake. These foods throw off your body’s natural ability to monitor calories causing you to possibly overeat.
– Sleep well. Sleep deprivation influences your food choices, making you crave high-carb, high-sugary foods.