Seeds of all varieties—from chia and flax to sesame and sunflower—seem to be popping up everywhere these days. Learn the nutrition basics of flavorful seeds with ideas for how to incorporate them into your diet!
1. Chia Seeds-Sprinkle them in with your oatmeal, smoothie, cereal, salad, rice, or baked goods for an added boost of nutrition and flavor.
2. Flaxseeds-Stir a couple tablespoons ground flaxseeds into your oatmeal, smoothies, soups, or yogurt.
3. Sesame Seeds-Add them to salads, stir-frys, coatings for fish or chicken, or sprinkle them on breads or steamed vegetables.
4. Pumpkin Seeds-Enjoy pumpkin seeds on top of salads or cereal, add to your favorite baked goods, or eat a handful for a nutritious and tasty snack.
5. Sunflower Seeds-Try them in salads, stir-frys, spreads, or side dishes for an extra nutty crunch, or add them to breads and muffins to boost the nutrient profile.
6. Hemp Seeds-Toss them in a smoothie, salad, or cereal, add them to baked goods, dry roast them with spices, or sprinkle them on a pasta dish for a nice texture without too much crunch.
7. Wheat Germ-You can add to almost any recipe for a healthy crunch, including pancakes, baked goods, yogurt, oatmeal and smoothies.
Read more on the nutritional benefits of these seeds by following here! Use the above information to add benefits to your daily diet in becoming your better self!