The infamous health source “Eat This Not That” has become a hit for those looking to make healthy switches in their every day diets. Some consumers may not be aware of the thousand-calorie take out salad or the fact that some protein bars are no healthier than a candy bar. Many dieters/those choosing healthier options often complain of the “diet food” costs. Although fresh produce is technically more expensive than the canned, Eat This Not That has published an article about the 7 diet-food rip offs. These foods claim to be “healthy” but can be contributing nothing to your weight loss goals with their prices and low nutritional content.
1. Quaker Instant Oatmeal Raisin & Spice-One bowl has more sugar than a scoop of rocky road ice cream.
2. Yoplait 99% Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt-One container has more sugar than an entire Hershey’s chocolate bar.
3. Breyers Carb Smart Almond Bar Ice Cream Treat-These bars contain half of your days worth of saturated fat.
4. PowerBar Fruit Smoothie Energy Bar-Berry Blast-This protein bar contains no fiber and its first ingredient is evaporated cane juice (sugar).
5. Arnold Whole Grains Health Nut Bread- Extremely high in calories and carries a load of refined sugar.
6. Smoothie King’s Banana Boat Smoothie-This drink packs more sugar than eight Twinkies with 24 grams of fat and 1,048 calories! For a smoothie?!
7. Applebee’s Santa Fe Chicken Salad-The fried tortilla chips and ranch dressing with this salad gives you more than a day’s worth of sodium and saturated fat content with 2/3’s of your daily calories.