Lack of sleep isn’t the only thing making you tired! Best Health Magazine has comprised a list of the 5 worst energy zappers and how to beat them. So check out the list below and see if one of these five energy zappers are to blame for your sluggishness!
1. Eliminating carbs from your diet-Opt for healthy, complex carbohydrates to your diet such as whole grains, legumes and starchy vegetables.
2. Skipping breakfast-Start off your day with healthy carbohydrates as well as proteins and fruits.
3. Not eating enough-Healthy grab-and-go snacks such as trail mixes or protein bars can be snacked on throughout the day for optimal energy.
4. Dehydration-Keep a water bottle with you all throughout the day to take sips on. Juices and herbal teas can also aid in hydration.
5. Eating the wrong foods at the wrong time-Combine protein and carbs for your mid-day snack. Munch an apple with a handful of almonds, yogurt with berries or veggies with hummus and crackers for consistent energy without the processed food crash.