Staying in shape doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your favorite foods. In many cases, it means modifying the ingredients in your recipes. Love muffins? Keep eating them! We have a delicious and healthy recipe provided by allrecipes.com. These zucchini muffins contain 140 calories and only 5 grams of fat per muffin!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin tins lightly with oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
- Mix the milk, slightly beaten egg whites, oil, honey and shredded zucchini together. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just barely moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
And thats all folks!