New research shows that picking these foods may ease pain, according to an article by Prevention Magazine: Click here for the article link.
5 Ways To Control Fibromyalgia With Diet
1. Load Up On Vitamin D: Studies show that vitamin D deficiencies can cause bone and muscle pain, and upping levels of this hard-to-get vitamin may help.
2. Avoid Additives: Common food additives, like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame, can act as excitotoxin molecules, a chemical group that has the ability to activate neurons that increase sensitivity to pain.
3. Say Yes To Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish, like salmon, walnuts, and flaxseed, are known to reduce inflammation and help prevent cardiovascular diseases. However, their soreness-reducing traits may also help pain patients.
4. Nix The Caffeine: Because sleeplessness is commonly associated with fibro, it may be tempting to fuel up on coffee to get through the day. Caffeine can set you up for a crash and, if sipped later in the day, may disrupt sleep schedules.
5. Veg Out: Most fruits and veggies are packed with important antioxidants, like vitamins A, C, and E, which fight free radicals to keep your body normalized.