SHAPE Magazine has devoted an article to helping consumers make smart and healthy choices while grocery shopping on a budget. They have compiled a list of 44 different foods that are extremely affordable and feel-good choices-all under one buck per serving! Listed below are some of the 44 different food choices provided by SHAPE that you should utilize to become a healthier you as far as nutrients and spending!
Oats, eggs, almonds, lentils, black beans, pumpkin seeds, peanuts.
Low-fat milk, low-fat yogurt, cottage cheese
Pastas, brown rice, popcorn
Grapes, apples, bananas, watermelon
Canned tomatoes, garlic, onions, canned pumpkin, kale, winter squash, beets
Coffee, Tea, Water
A diet high in fiber has numerous benefits to your health. High fiber intake lowers your cholesterol, keeps you fuller longer, reduces your risk of heart disease, constipation, hemorrhoids, diverticulitis, colon cancer, high blood sugar, diabetes and obesity. Be sure to add fiber to your daily diet for maximum health. The following foods are great sources of fiber:
Peanut butter is dense in calories, however, it does provide a number of benefits. According to the Cleveland Clinic, it it one of the top “power foods” for improving your health and reducing the risk of heart disease. The nutritional profile also provides the idea that peanut butter offers some benefits for weight loss. Peanut butter is high in fat, therefore promoting feelings of fulness in your diet. Peanut butter is also high in protein that is also beneficial in weight loss as increased protein intake can increase calorie burning, satiety and fat burning. Peanut butter is also low in carbohydrates while containing the beneficial amino acid-leucine. Leucine is associated with muscle gain, fat loss, and reduced body weight. With all the associated benefits of peanut butter, include the wonderful power food into your diet and see where your health and fitness takes you!
Prevention magazine provided a wonderful article titled ” 7 Healing Herbal Teas”. By choosing the proper teas you can stress-proof your life with these wonderful healing brews. Click here for additional article information, and start drinking up to your health.
The 7 Tea’s To Better Your Health
1. Chamomile–known to sooth the tummy and the soul.
2. Lemon Balm–reduces anxiety and restlessness.
3. Passionflower–eases you into restful sleep.
4. Peppermint–helps banish indigestion.
5. Rosemary–can ward off headaches.
6. Sage–banishes night sweats.
7. Thyme–reduces cough, bronchitis, and sinus pressure.
Try incorporating these 15 different foods into your diet to boost your metabolism!
Grapefruit. Green Tea. Yogurt. Almonds. Coffee. Turkey. Apples. Spinach. Beans. Jalapenos. Broccoli. Oatmeal. Soy milk. Curry. Cinnamon.
Now Eat Up!
The body is, and is supposed to be flexible. No matter your age, you should be stretching on a daily basis to improve your fitness. What are the benefits to stretching you ask? Well increasing your range of movement is an important one. Stretching lengthens muscles and tendons giving more ability to move limbs and joints to prevent injury. Stretching is also helpful to increase your ability to perform skills. Having good flexibility can help you start new sports or improve the ones you are already in. Stretching is also helpful in reducing muscle tension, enhancing energy, and reducing cholesterol. So, Incorporate stretching in your everyday lifestyle. It has benefits you can not say no to. It also does not require much. It can be your usual activities, bending and flexing every now and then. After all, your fitness is everything so do what it takes to keep the body health. Click here for more information on stretching.
It is hard to believe that walking burns more fat than running, however, it does! To help you start striding off pounds today, Prevention Magazine offers a “Fat Blasting Training Plan” to help you get in the best shape of your life. To subscribe to the magazine’s 8-week plan, follow this link to sign up for the Feel Your Best Fitness Newsletter.
New research shows that picking these foods may ease pain, according to an article by Prevention Magazine: Click here for the article link.
5 Ways To Control Fibromyalgia With Diet
1. Load Up On Vitamin D: Studies show that vitamin D deficiencies can cause bone and muscle pain, and upping levels of this hard-to-get vitamin may help.
2. Avoid Additives: Common food additives, like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame, can act as excitotoxin molecules, a chemical group that has the ability to activate neurons that increase sensitivity to pain.
3. Say Yes To Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish, like salmon, walnuts, and flaxseed, are known to reduce inflammation and help prevent cardiovascular diseases. However, their soreness-reducing traits may also help pain patients.
4. Nix The Caffeine: Because sleeplessness is commonly associated with fibro, it may be tempting to fuel up on coffee to get through the day. Caffeine can set you up for a crash and, if sipped later in the day, may disrupt sleep schedules.
5. Veg Out: Most fruits and veggies are packed with important antioxidants, like vitamins A, C, and E, which fight free radicals to keep your body normalized.